Today's smoothie is a recipe I came up with in honor of our favorite restaurant here in Atlanta. R. Thomas is a great catch-all restaurant depending on your needs...they have raw and vegan dishes, breakfast served all day, and if it's meat you want- they make sure to buy from local farms that treat their animals humanely (free-range and grass-fed).
David likes to call this smoothie Coconut Surprise, so that's what I'm calling it.
Coconut Surprise: makes 2 large servings
- 1 young coconut, water and pulp scooped out
- 1/3-1/2 pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ banana (I freeze my ripe ones to use in these smoothies, but not necessary)
- 1-2 dates (optional, we don’t usually put these in but it does make your smoothie sweeter if that’s what you are looking for ;)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and enjoy! You can even put some back into the coconut for a fancy treat.
- For videos on how to open a coconut, go to www.youtube.com, there are many different ways
Happy Smoothie Sunday,