Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Thai Roasted Almonds

Well, my day was filled with a taste of what life will be like soon with three little ones in tow. We had our first overnight visit tonight, and it has gone really well so far. Surprisingly well, actually. I think we are in the "honeymoon" stage as a family :) I keep waiting for major meltdowns, then we all start crying, and we (me and the husband) just don't know what in the world to do! I know that time is coming, but at least for now we seem to be surviving.

These are a great meal replacement for a meatless dish. Also great for addictive snacking! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am more about making quick and easy meals and desserts these days. Hope you enjoy these quick and easy almonds.

Sweet and Spicy Thai Roasted Almonds

makes 2 cups

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp of coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger root (about a 1/4" piece if using a Microplane)
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced (I also use my Microplane for this)
  • 1 tsp of apple cider vineger
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes (I like them on the fairly spicy end so feel free to adjust for less heat)
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp of sea salt
  • 1 Tbsp of granulated (not liquid) coconut sugar (or sucanat, date sugar, sugar in the raw, etc. will work too)
  • 2 cups almonds (I use sprouted almonds sometimes and that will work as well)
Method
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  • In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the almond and stir.
  • Stir in the almonds to evenly coat them.
  • Place them on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 325 F for 15 minutes, being careful to toss them frequently to prevent burning.
  • Let them cool for 15-20 minutes before serving so that the sugar in the coating has time to cool down to a crunchy caramel, and eat!


This post has been linked up to:









3 comments :

  1. What a great idea; perfect for a nice Fall snack. I just discovered your blog and it's great; I can't wait to see more of your fun recipes...Love the name of your blog, too. I'm a huge fan of Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make perfect hiking food - especially for those of us who are spice inclined. :) Thanks for sharing this at this week's Sugar Free Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that you haven't posted in a while...I know you have your hands full with your new little family but just thought I'd send you a quick comment to say I hope you are doing okay...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs