Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Three Ingredient Bubble Gum Ice Cream


Ah, the days of going to Baskin Robbins and looking through 31 different flavors, only to end up choosing bubble gum ice cream every time :) I would suck on each piece of pink bubble gum and set aside to chew after I savored my ice cream. Then I would chew a massive wad of gum only to be spit out 10 minutes later because apparently gum that has sat in processed commercial ice cream for months doesn't taste too good for long!

I was not intending for this raw banana watermelon frozen treat to be bubble gum flavored; however, when both my husband and I tasted it, we both thought it tasted a lot like bubble gum. So there you have it. If you try it out on your kids let me know... after all, they are the true taste connoisseurs!

Bubble Gum Ice Cream

Serves 3-4

Ingredients
  • 2 frozen ripe bananas
  • 3 cups watermelon, chopped into chunks, de-seeded and frozen
  • 10-15 spearmint leaves (optional, but enhances the bubble-gummy flavor)
Method
  • The night before, freeze the watermelon and bananas- chopping them into chunks first for easier processing.
  • When ready to eat the ice cream, simply put all ingredients into a high powered blender and puree. (This will also work in a food processor- but will have to process with the s-blade in 2-3 batches)
  • Serve immediately
This recipe has been linked up to the following posts:













Link










3 comments :

  1. Who would have known that putting watermelon, banana and mint together would result in a bubble gum-esque flavour? I also love that one can make this without an ice cream maker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This was great. It was really nice to keep saying "yes" to my girls' requests for more ice cream! Other than an epic fail with the Blendtec (which high powered blender do you use?) which slowed things down, this was great. Maybe next time we'll actually have some left to keep in the freezer for later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, I use a Vitamix- which has the tamper that you can use to push things down for faster processing. If you use a blendtec maybe you can add a tad of milk of choice to speed things up?? So glad your girls liked it! That makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs