Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bragging on My husband

My husband surprised me with a wonderful elaborate meal for two yesterday and I thought he deserved some bragging on :) He went through my starred items in my Gmail Reader to get some ideas. Had I known he was doing that- I wouldn't have been so obnoxious about dropping "hints" for the past month! (Side note- he didn't know this yet, but I had began organizing my favorite blog recipes using Velvet Aroma- if you haven't checked this out yet you must! I like it much better than Google Reader.) For dinner he made me fried okra using this formula along with these other tasty items:Not a super great pic, but this "cheesy" chicken (made with tahini) from Heather Eats Almond Butter was Ah.Ma.Zing. He did make it with Earth Balance instead of butter, but it was still hearty and tasty. He also made his own tahini, roasting some raw sesame seeds I had! I still can't get over that he did all of that.
And last but not least, he had already planned to make this vegan/ soy-free French Silk Pie from the Mommy Bowl even before I dropped a not-so-subtle hint ;) I was quite proud he pulled off this whole pie with no help- the consistency was perfect!He used this crust from the Spunky Coconut and made it in my lovely new tart pan purchased from my sister-in-law's garage sale.
We also topped off the slices of pie with this raw avocado ice cream from Pure 2 Raw for a yummy grasshopper flavor.

I was in heaven. Does anyone else love eating in more than eating out like I do? Well, I love it more when I don't have to cook anything myself :) Just feels better eating something you made and knew all of the ingredients for, ya know?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs