Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mango Fro-Yo


I have been a wee bit obsessed with making my own dairy-free frozen yogurt lately :) To make matters worse, I was at a local International Farmer's Market and they had a box of 20 champagne mangos for only $6! Of course I had to get some, and since I had so many I can make this dairy free, vegan frozen yogurt as much as I want.

Mango Frozen “Yogurt” (dairy free, vegan)

Serves: 2-4

Ingredients

  • 3 ripe mangos- I used champagne mangos, but any variety will work (or 8.5 oz)
  • 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk- I used ½ coconut and ½ pumpkin seed milk, but any non-dairy milk will do (12 oz total)
  • ¼ cup lemon juice (2 oz)
  • Topping Ideas: Shredded Coconut, Cashews, fresh berries, I also top mine with these wafer-cookie like pieces and banana
Method
  • Puree the mango with the milk and lemon juice
  • Freeze in your ice cream maker (I use this one) for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
This post has been linked up to:
Sugar Free Sunday's at Flip Cookbook
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free

Happy Frozen Yogurt Making!
Eryn

2 comments :

  1. This looks so good. I love your blog. I am your newest follower. I would love it if you visited my blog and followed me back www.glutenfreewithjudee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh... life is good :) When I see simple yet mouth-watering food.. I go.. life is good! :) Thanks for sharing this gorgeous recipe at Sugar Free Sunday Erin! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs