Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Mousse...and some news

LinkYes, this is the last slice of Deanna's French Silk Pie that my husband made me for my b-day dinner.
This pie doesn't need any topping, but man this mousse made for a tasty-just-came-home-from-a-long-day treat!

This mousse is easy.

This mousse is vegan.

This mousse also has only 3 ingredients!

Not sure what is with me lately with wanting to use as little as possible ingredient wise. I'm in kind of a quick and easy phase as I get ready for a new phase in my life. I have hesitated sharing this news here on the food blog. Mainly since I have four times as many readers here as my personal blog, mostly read by my MIL and my Mom! But more people somehow makes the news more "real". So here goes:

My husband, David, and I are about to become foster parents! When we have the kiddos (yes that is plural :) at home I will share more. We are hoping this situation develops into an adoption as well. We are so excited and blessed and terrified!

Thus, my desire to streamline my recipes and use minimal ingredients- at least for now :) We have been crazy busy, preparing, filling out paperwork, shopping consignment sales with super serious moms who were consignment pros. We were not. We were the couple who was asking other parents, "About how old is your kid? 4? Ok, well when did they start using their own potty?" :) Sortof kidding. We did get strange looks from people who overheard our obviously naive and inexperienced conversations! But most were extremely helpful.

Back to the mousse... The pics do not represent how yummy and easy this is. Really, you just have to have remembered to put a can of coconut milk in the fridge a couple hours before you want to make it. Also, I used my not-so-great mini food processor because I was lazy and didn't want to move the mound of dishes in front of the Vitamix. If you use a Vitamix or Blendtec, this will be much smoother and creamy.

Quick Peanut Butter Mousse

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (can also use almond butter or sun butter for a peanut free options)
  • 1/4 cup coconut cream (that rises to the top from a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
  • 1-2 dates, or to taste
Method
  • Blend all in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth.
  • You can refrigerate for parfaits or use right away for a snack or a pie topping- if filling a whole pie I would at least 4x the recipe :)
This post has been linked up to:










3 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that your hubby was able to make the chocolate pie for you!

    And, congrats on your decision to foster. My ex and I did it for 3 1/2 years for 3 different kiddos. It was both extremely challenging and extremely rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, again, Deanna for the wonderful recipe! We will be making it again. That's great that you guys did that too- I'm always surprised at how many people I meet who have/ are planning to foster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: Happy Belated Birthday!

    Second: I saw that silk pie and bookmarked it as it looked SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Kudos to your husband!

    Third: That is so exciting that you're becoming foster parents! I hope everything goes well and I look forward to hearing about your experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs