Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Vegan Cucumber Dip

Today is Treat Yoself Day in our home :)  I love my grandmothers cucumber dip with a passion!  I often want it for a treat.  However, for me, her version is no longer a possibility because it is made with real cream cheese.  We are a no-dairy home.  Up until recently, I have not found a great cheese- anything sub that I just really, really love!  Especially in the cream cheese department!

Enter: Kite Hill Cheese.  This stuff is made only for Whole Foods, I believe.  I found it a couple weeks ago and now it is a staple.  It is the. best. cream. cheese.  I'm serious.  And it's vegan, made from almond milk and cultures.  Go get some.  (no, they are not paying me :) it's just that good!)

This is my Grandmother's Cucumber Dip recipe made with Kite Hill vegan cream cheese.  It will make a great vegan-friendly party dip or for your chips and dip on your own "Treat Yoself Day".  You're welcome ;)


Vegan Cucumber Dip

Gluten-free , Makes 8 oz.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tub Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese Style Spread (can also use plain and add salt to taste)
  • 3" of an organic cucumber, peeled
  • 1 small piece of raw onion, about a quarter sized amount

Method:

  • Empty the tub of cream cheese into a bowl.
  • Using a Microplane or a zester,, shave the peeled cucumber into the bowl of cream cheese.  Do the same with the onion.  You can also scrape it into tiny pieces (smaller than minced) with a knife, but only if you are awesome like my Grandma :)
  • Stir all ingredients together and enjoy.
  • Save the tub and store the leftover dip in it.
  • Serve with chips or raw veggies.  It's also great with the rest of the cucumber from the recipe!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs