Well, I'm that way for sure. I have to make myself eat a little raw when it's cold outside. So I came up with the Thanksgiving themed slaw and tried it out on the husband and the kids. Since baby boy kept asking for "mo, mo, mo", I thought it was a hit :) I've been super blessed with kids who are GREAT eaters! I think I will make this at our Thanksgiving family get together.
Cranberry Carrot SlawServes: 8-10Ingredients
- 3 large carrots, chopped into smaller chunks for easier processing
- 1/2 small head of purple cabbage, chopped into chunks for easier processing
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup of healthy mayo (I recommend the olive oil Earth Balance or the grapeseed oil Vegenaise)
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened unsulfured cranberries (it's hard to find unsweetened dried cranberries, so I usually buy the organic kind which does have some sugar but I feel good about the fact that there are no GMOs at least)
- 1 large apple of choice, diced small
- In a food processor, or Vitamix on speed 3, pulse or process the carrot, cabbage, green onions, vinegar, salt, and mayo all at once until you reach a slaw consistency.
- Then stir in the cranberries and apple pieces.
- Then you're done! A quick (which is my main motivation these days in thinking up recipes) side dish for Turkey day for sure!
This recipe has been linked up to A Gluten Free Holiday- be sure to check out other healthy holiday recipe ideas here: